Thursday 21 January 2010

Week by week!toeile

thought I'd start blogging as life seems to be moving so fast. For those who haven't seen me for a while I'll start since left university and somehow got  1st in fine art photography at Derby.

Well since not managing to get out to the Czech Republic to study (best laid plans and all that!)  Woody and i bought a second hand narrow boat, in fact found out it was a very old second hand boat and are refurbishing it, this was almost two years ago!  I shall attempt to add photos of the before and after states. We have survived 2 winters and wires and timber all over the place. Our saviour being the little wood burner and a large kettle as well as my vodka!

 So far we have moved the bedroom to the back of the boat and I have two drawers an unfinished wardrobe for all my clothes, so gone are the Prada and Jimmy Choos, not that I ever afforded that style but one has to dress accordingly for life on a narrow boat, downsizing can not even come close!

One of the best days was when my pride and joy of a proper porcelain toilet arrived only to find we have to stabilize it with cement or welding!  We do have a kitchen sink however, it is still in it's box!  

I have learnt about running everything of 12 volts. inverters and a clumberson generator, when the tele can go on and how long it takes to charge up my laptop.  

Woody has rewired as fixing the back boiler on the wood burner to run the central heating although I still insist there is a nasty smell from all the old water that was stored in the radiators that spilled out. (how come men can ignore smells?!)   I am constantly lighting those perfumed candles.

Ah yes, family, Rebekah is expecting her first baby, my first grandchild in 7 weeks, so ideas for girls names to go with Jones are welcomed. Hollie is girl about town in London living the life and so confidant.

Me, well I started my Masters in Fine Art today and loved every minute of it, can't wait to get in the dark rooms again.


No comments:

Post a Comment